Barely a day goes by without a new startup in the food world, so it’s only fitting that Silicon Valley will play host to the “first-ever event to celebrate and explore the intersection of food and technology,” Bite SV. The three-day summit will take place June 5-7, 2015, at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, CA, and tickets are still available on their site. Some of the biggest chefs in the world including Tom Colicchio, Michael Chiarello, and Michael Voltaggio are headlining the festival. Events range from roundtable discussions with thought leaders and innovators to cooking demonstrations and a grand tasting (because what food festival could be complete without some incredible eats).
Talks for the conference include:
- Keynote addresses will be given by chef José Andrés and Josh Tetrick, CEO of Hampton Creek
- The Renewed Debate Around GMOs led by chef and vintner Michael Chiarello and Dr. Robert Fraley
- The Challenge of Food Waste led by Robert Egger, Founder of LA Kitchen and DC Central Kitchen
- What Are You Doing to Enable the Planet to Feed Nine Billion People? led by Michael Bakker
- The Story of Loco’l – Bringing Restaurants to Food Deserts led by Roy Choi, Chef, Food Truck Pioneer